Monday, January 16, 2012

LOVE STORY layouts by Gina A

Hi scrapbookers! Happy New Year one and all!

I've had a ball creating these two single-page layouts with this month's Design Team papers from Fancy Pants' LOVE STORY line. I really love the designs and colors and think they are so versatile! I intentially created two different layouts that are not Valentine themed because I think these patterns can be used so many different ways. "4 Ever" is a layout about the fourth anniversary of my husband's kidney transplant. (As an aside, he received a kidney from his sister, my best friend Brent, who is a regular Photoscraps customer so you may have met her at a crop or two!) This layout came together quickly using the LOVE STORY pattern papers. I embellished with the wallet-size designs from the "card" page and some buttons and stickers from my stash. The second layout was created with a scrap of leftover pattern paper combined with a piece of cardstock and embellished with some felt flowers, a small piece of ribbon, some ticket stubs and a journal card (flower shaped) also from my stash. (You can easily find equally cute substitutes among the current inventory at Photoscraps!) BTW, even though the subject for this page is a boy (my great-nephew... isn't he a cutie?!?!?) I found that the flower embellishments still worked - grouped together they create a solid pattern for the eye - and combined with the chosen colors the page doesn't look too feminine. I've often had ladies tell me they can't use flowers because they only have sons...look at this example and challenge yourself to use a traditionally "feminine" embellishment on your next "male" themed page. Then bring it in on a Monday night... I'd love to see your results!!!





Happy Scrapping everyone!
Gina A.

No comments:

Post a Comment