Friday, July 13, 2012

Ocean Getaway

Little Yellow Bicycle's newest release Escape is perfect for any of your summer photos with the bright, fun colors.  The diecut paper served as my base but for the second page I turned the paper twice until the pennants were on the bottom of the page to create balance.  Bo Bunny's Buttercup Double Dot cardstock was used behind the diecut paper and going across the layouts.  From my stash I covered a strip of zigzag chipboard with one of Escape's beautiful papers to run across parts of both pages.  Hand-cut pennants from a variety of the papers plus clouds, sun, and words from the Clear Cuts Acetate Shapes served as embellies.  The FUN-O-METER had to go on my layout because, well, it was just fun!  The Fresh Verse stickers helped create the title on the right page while I used Prima's alphabets for the smaller title on the left side.  *New technique alert!  I stepped out of my comfort zone and actually misted the top photo on each page with Studio Calico's Mister Huey's Opague White.  I couldn't love more how those photos appear to have ocean spray jumping off the picture.  Make your "escape" to Photo Scraps to see another hot summer line!!

No comments:

Post a Comment