Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fussy Cutting A Sweet Sentiment

Today, while putting away papers I purchased recently, I came across a beautiful sheet of Graphic 45 paper from the Sweet Sentiments Collection.  I have always had a soft spot for Graphic 45 papers...  I love the quality of the paper, the colors, and best of all the SMELL!  Yes, the smell...lol. No other paper smells quite like Graphic 45!

When a new line comes out, I buy it all...the 12x12, 8x8, chipboard and even some of the stamps.  I bring it home, I go through the pad slowly, methodically, studying each page and looking at all the details...and then I put it away!  I don't use my G45 paper pads...they get put away in their own little section.  If I decide to use any of it, I go back to the store and buy the sheets I need.  I think I would just be mortified if I pulled a sheet from my pad...because then it wouldn't be complete!  I know...don't judge! lolol

So I took this sheet of G45 Sweet Sentiments and decided I wanted to make a shadowbox.  Because I only had one extra sheet (not from my pad), I decided I had to make good use of it and so fussy cutting would be the technique of choice.  I found a wonderful neutral background to use as my backdrop from the Kaisercraft Art of Life Collection (another favorite) that was cream in color with a faint script writing across the entire page....yummy!  I pulled out my little detail scissors, magnifier (the ol' eyes need all the help they can get) and so far I've cut out the angel and the scroll.  My plan is to pull out my trusty Silhouette, create a lattice the size of the shadowbox, and create an oval opening to reveal the angel.  Maybe a few handmade paper flowers, a few butterflies and finally a phrase on the outside glass in vinyl.  In my head this all looks perfect....let's see how this plays out...lol.  Will return to share the final piece!

Next time you're at Photo Scraps, sneak over to the Graphic 45 section and discretely take a whiff of the Graphic 45 paper.  Tell me it doesn't have a smell of it's own!  lol




No comments:

Post a Comment