Friday, April 13, 2012

More Fancy Pants!

Wow, Fancy Pants put more amazing lines out for April so we had to use them again as our Design Team focus.  These lines make me so happy!  I know I say that every month and I guess it only goes to show that I am a paper fanatic.  We are using their 2 new beachy lines called Wave Searcher and Summer Soul.

Summer Soul is so bright, playful, and happy and just brings out the girly side of me.  Wave Searcher is perfect for the tomboy in me with its more masculine colors and I love the tikis.  I made 2 cards today both using Summer Soul. 

For my first card I used 2 different patterns of paper, a Paper Smooches sentiment (this company has some of the cutest fonts ever!), an Impression Obsession butterfly, a scalloped square Nestabilitie die, ribbon and bling.  I adore this card layout and may use it at a future class or even a Demo Day because it can be used for so many different occasions.


My second card was a blast to make with lots of tearing, some cutting, and some Stickling.  I cut the surfboards from one sheet of patterned paper then edged them with a Copic marker so that they would stand out from one another.  I stamped Kraft paper with a speckle stamp from Impression Obsession then tore the edges so that it would resemble sand.  I then tore 2 different shades of blue paper to resemble water and layered everything on a blue panel for the sky.  The sentiment is also from Impression Obsession and the sun is a die from MFT.  Once my card was all glued together, I added Stickles to the waves to make them shimmer.  Who's ready for summer?


On another topic, my samples for my upcoming Kaiser Butterfly card class are almost complete and they are looking good - call the store soon to reserve your spot in class.  And I will not be here for April's Demo Day because I will be hanging with Mickey Mouse and my family in Orlando. 

Make sure you stop by the Design Team section of the store to see our creations in person and pick up some Fancy Pants goodies!

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment