Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hexagons and honeycomb

I had a chance to grab some crafting time on Saturday and made 2 cards using our fabulous Design Team pick for August...new lines My Mind's Eye.  If you have not seen the new MME in person, hurry up and come to Photo Scraps to check it out!  The lines are so gorgeous that they make me drool.

Both of my cards use hot trendy patterns, hexagons and honeycomb.  I am seriously in love with the honeycomb paper and hope to carve out some time tonight to make another card with it. Along with the honeycomb paper, I stamped a bee and the sentiment from the matching MME stamp set.  The bees were colored with Copics and once I had my card glued together I used Glossy Accents on the bodies and wings to give them some dimension and shine.


My second card is based on a card that was sent to me by my friend Lynn in Oregon. This card took a painstakingly long time to create, between the cutting out of the hexagons in all the different patterns and then trying to line them up nicely on the card.  The sentiment came from the same MME stamp set that the bee did and I chose that one as a little inside joke to myself because I will not be making a duplicate of this card, so it is truly one of a kind.  The hexagons were cut using a die from My Favorite Things and multiple patterns of MME from The Sweetest Thing 6x6 pad.  One of the perks of MME's 6x6 pads is that the patterns are shrunk down so that you have all the goodness from their 12x12 sheets but with a pattern size that translates well for card making.  A few of the hexagons are popped for dimension, and a little ribbon finishes off the card.




Don't forget to join us for Demo Day on 8/18 and grab some of the beautiful MME while you are in the store!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment