Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February Theme Layers You Will Love!

February Theme

Layers You Will Love!

February 7
Art Challenge: When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt: "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)

Layers You Will Love - When Not to Stop...

Hello!
Welcome to another week as we journey through the year creating in our art journals.  I am often asked about creating layers and how to know when a page is finished.  That is a hard question to answser but somehow I just know.  For this journal page I worked to a layer that would be nice as it is but I go on to add in more.  It is hard to create the "look" of layers without actualluy creating them.  I often find that it takes several layers before a page starts to really come together. What do you think?
Have a  blessed day!
Roben-Marie
Key to Additional Elements Added
1. Circle marks made with a Stabilo pencil.
2. Rubber stamped leaf from the Natural Elements Collection by Rae Missigman and white paint dots.
3. Doodle marks made with a Stabilo pencil.
4. Masking tape.
5. Black lines made with a Stabilo pencil.
6. Color in the flower petals with paint or crayons.
7. Doodle border.
8. White swirls and scallops made with a white pen.
9. Color in the flower petals with paint or crayons.
10. Triangles stamped - from Natural Elements Collection by Rae Missigman.
11. Using a scalloped stencil, add white paint.

KEEP ON LAYERING

February 7, 2015
When it comes to layering in my art journal, I am happiest.
 I don't have a set of steps that I follow as a rule, or a process that works every time, but when it comes to layering I have found that walking away helps me to re-focus on what I am creating. Revisiting a layout with fresh eyes is the best way for me to recognize what my art needs. What was eluding me during the initial process often times will present itself readily at a later time.
February Theme
Layers You Will Love!
February 7
Art Challenge:  When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt:  "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)
Today I thought I would share with you how I created this week's journal page in a simple step out process. Each photo shows the order in which I added my layers. Remember to let all paint and glue layers dry completely before moving on. 
Continue building your layers until your piece tells you it is finished. The most important aspect of any art piece is to make it your own. Take what you have learned, build your own style into that and create art that is YOU! And remember - Don't stop until you get enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment