Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Customer Blog Share - Lorie The Peddler

Hi Everyone,

It occured to me that our customers are often shy about sharing their creations with us.  When I was talking to Lorie about some of the cool things she makes, she mentioned her blog and I just had to get her permisson to share.  If you have a crafty blog that you think others would like to see, please let me know at tracy@photoscraps.net.

Here is a recent blog post from Lorie.

A Wintery Feel

Happy Hellos Everyone:
I hope you’re having one terrific Tuesday. Yesterday was such a beautiful. Hopefully, today will promise to be more of the same. Well, I hope you’re ready because as promised, I have another wonderful {okay…I’m a little bias} altered cigar box to share with you. I had a strong tie to this box instantly. I'm not sure whether it was the cool colors or the theme, but I know it will be difficult for me to let this one go.
When I created this box, I totally had cooler weather in mind. I love the feel of cool autumn days and cooler wintery evenings. If I were to keep this altered box, I would probably store hot cocoa and/or gourmet tea packets or perhaps even cool mint candies to share.
Take a look and be sure to share your thoughts.
















I often select a wintery theme over a Christmas theme just because the wintery theme will run well over into the new year. In addition, I've come to learn everyone does not celebrate Christmas. Don't you just love the snowman's scraf? Everything appears to have blended perfectly... even the various patterns and the silver snowflakes.

 I thought the Tim Holtz's foundation worked well with this theme.

The original banding worked well with the color theme. I'm not certain whether you noticed the word in the center of the lid, but it reads 'Authentique.' I never thought to use the word printed at the bottom of the DP, but I will from now on. It wasn't my intention to advertise the brand name as it was to identify this altered box as being one of a kind.

This paper is black and white with a small hint of green. I didn't want to leave it at that, so I decided to distress the papers with one of the colors of winter.  Here, you're able to see the handle I created using buttons.

























Distressing the edges just provides a cleaner look for a finish project.   Full inside view

I always make sure to stamp all my projects. Do you?

The die I used is from the Tim Holtz's collection.
I hope you like this altered box and perhaps you'll consider creating one of your own. As always, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon--like tomorrow ;)





Click here to go to Lorie's Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy: Thanks so much for taking time to visit my blog and for sharing my altered box with the Photo Shop family.

    ReplyDelete