Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gina A. is on her way!

Hello all!
Well, I just have to say I had a ball working with these great supplies! As soon as I saw one of the blue papers from this line I thought of ocean waves and I had my inspiration. I used beach pictures from a family outing in 1991 ... when our daughter was 18 years younger and I was 18-plus-plus pounds lighter - LOL! (No, you will NOT be seeing any recent bathing suit pictures of me in this blog!!!) The design is fun - a little "outside the box" for me since I used almost a paper-piecing technique to create the waves, sun and clouds, something I don't normally do - but I love the result and I was able to fit 8 photos into this 2-page spread. I used a lot of bling ... maybe too much? (Is there such a thing as too much bling?!?!?) But I was having too much fun to stop, and I still feel it all enhances my photos. The waves across the bottom of the two 12 x 12 layouts are created by using a pop-dotted layer over the same paper. I used white ink to highlight the edging and give a feeling of the ocean foam. There's a pull-out journaling block behind the main photo. And the sun (peaking behind the "cloud" in the right- layout) and corner enhancement (on the bottom left-hand corner of the left-layout) are rub-ons with bling added. The title and button embellishments were created with our super-dee-duper
white uni-ball Signo pen. I love this pen! (Yes, this is what I used to write the word "pull" on the button of the journaling block - cool, isn't it?!?!!?) After all this, I still had some paper and a button leftover to create a little birthday card. This is a great way to use your scraps of paper and the one-or-two embellishments leftover after creating a layout - everything is already matched so it goes together quickly.
Can't wait until our next assignment!
Gina A.


No comments:

Post a Comment