Monday, April 27, 2009

Hi from Gina A!

My first reaction to scrapbooking was “No way!” Though I’ve always loved photography and sharing my photos, I felt I just didn’t have the time or talent for such creative memory keeping. But in 1996 at the urging of a friend I created my first layout and something clicked. I dabbled for a while but my scrapbooking habit really took off when I purchased my first paper trimmer. Now I freely admit to being “hooked” on this wonderful hobby and I love to share it with others. I enjoy trying new techniques and reading up on the latest and greatest the industry has to offer. And yes, I admit to being a “paper addict”! But no matter how many supplies I purchase, I am always comforted by the knowledge that scrapbooking is still cheaper than therapy! I scrapbook by theme vs. chronologically, so I never feel like I’m “behind” and I adore creating mini-albums … instant gratification and fun results! My favorite aspect of the hobby is journaling. I consider journaling to be the greatest embellishment I can add to a page. What will be more interesting to the viewer and more meaningful to me in the future – a ribbon or some heartfelt words about my truest feelings and values? I love working at Photoscraps – you can find me behind the counter most Monday evenings – and I regularly teach our 101 classes for beginners and the “write on!” class for those wishing to learn journaling techniques. I am so excited to be a part of the Design Team and look forward to seeing everyone’s creative visions come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment