Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bird In a Gilded Cage


Here is another card using our awesome DT papers this month from Basic Grey. Again, my choice was Capella because it just speaks to my soul. For this card I used the Tim Holtz Caged Bird die and cut the cage from gold cardstock (hence the "gilded"). I cut the bird from blue and used brown for the bird's branch. I stamped my Capella paper with Hero Arts's Old Writing background in Adirondack Hazelnut ink because I wanted my image to be there but be subtle at the same time, and the Hazelnut ink gave it a great softness. I edged my bird, Capella paper, and cream paper in Memento Summer Sky ink, and added gold Dew Drops to the open areas on the birdcage. Last but not least was some ribbon. Hey, it wouldn't be a card from me without ribbon, right?

All in all this card came together very quickly. I could probably keep going overboard by adding some flowers and some Stickles and I even thought about a hat pin and some beads too but can't remember where I buried them in my stash (who doesn't do that??), however I decided to stop here and not overwhelm the card any further.
Some cards call for lots of added "foo-foo" and some call for being clean and simple. I felt like this was a foo-foo card. One of the great things about cardmaking is that you don't have to keep yourself in one creative "box" so to speak. I like making cards in all different styles, from very artsy to cute to elegant to clean and simple. Let the images and the paper speak to you and see where they take you. You might just surprise yourself!
Hope you like it!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment