Saturday, January 7, 2012

Love Is In The Air

Can you feel it?  Love is in the air at Photo Scraps this month.  The Design Team will be bringing you creations from not just one paper line, but from several lines that we have in store for Valentine's Day.  Our theme this month is Love and Valentine's Day.  The papers we are using are just beautiful and colorful, some with playful patterns, some with fantastic text patterns, and you will be sure to love them all!

I have made 4 cards so far.  I think these cards are great examples of how a person can create in several different styles.  The cards I have made range from cute to clean and simple to easy elegance.  I feel that I have lots of styles I like to create in, but at the core of my creating are some things that never change:  layers (I love lots of layers), ribbon (almost always a must), and bling (gotta have it).  How many styles do you create it?

My first 2 cards feature the ever adorable Flopsey and a fantastic patterned paper from Fancy Pants.  Even though I used the same stamp and even the same paper, I wanted to show you how different cards can look when you change up colors and patterns.  Each card uses one side of the Fancy Pants paper.  I love when papers are double-sided - it's like getting more bang for your buck!  Flopsey has been colored with Copic markers and then each of her chocolates has something different...Rock Candy Stickles on the pink card (looks like her truffles have been dusted with sugar IRL) and Glossy Accents on the red card to make her truffles shine.



My next card is of the Clean and Simple (CAS) variety and I just realized that it does not include any stamping at all (a rareity for me)!  The paper is from We R Memory Keepers "Love Struck" line.  This card will be available to make at an upcoming Wacky Wednesday.  Isn't it sweet?


My last card is a good example of easy and elegant.  The roses were created from MFT's Rolled Roses die and wool-blend felt (the same felt I showed you at Demo Day in November for making poinsettias).  The sentiment is also from MFT and can be found on one of their Inspired By Flowers sets.  This patterned paper is also from We R's "Love Struck" line.  It's flip side has great words all over it and I can't wait to make something with that.

Remember to stop by the Design Team section of the store to see all our creations in person and to pick up these terrific papers.

I look forward to seeing you soon!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment