Thursday, March 8, 2012

In like a lion...

If this is March's way of coming in like a lion, I say bring it on!  I am loving the awesome Spring weather and have been enjoying wearing sandals and flip flops again.  Spring makes me happy, happy, happy!  And March's Design Team pick, Fancy Pants's Be You and Childish lines make me happy too.  Bright colors, fun and playful designs, double sided paper, what more could you ask for!

I've had a chance to make 2 cards so far, one of the cards is doing double duty because we will be making it in my class on March 31st.  Here is that card.  It uses a delicate yellow pattern from Fancy Pants, some MFT stamps and a bit of Copic coloring.


My second card was just so much fun to make because I busted out my Distress Stains (boy do I love these Stains!) and colored up my paper flowers with them.  Once I colored them with the Stains, I spritzed them with homemade pearl spray (Perfect Pearls mixed with water) then hit them with the heat gun to dry them quickly.  I paired the flowers with the front and back sides of a paper from the Childish line, added a punched border, some ribbon and twine, a button, and a Hero Arts stamp and my quick, cute card was complete. 


Make sure to see all the Design Team creations when you are shopping in the store!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment