Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gina A. is Fresh and Easy...

...or at least my new Little Yellow Bicycle Design Team layout is! :-) I just love this new summery line but I really didn't have any summer pictures that inspired me right now so I decided to "FOCUS" (tee!hee!)on the CAMERA THEME papers and embellishments. Not every layout is going to be award winning and this one is definitely a simple, frill-free layout, but I think it turned out cute and the whole thing was done - start to finish! - in 30 minutes! Looking at the LYB camera print paper and the little transparency "polaroid" outlines made me think of the fun of instant cameras before digital cameras. Back then, only a polaroid could capture an instant memory and allow you to see the results within minutes. That gave me the theme for these pages: "Instant Memories" and I quickly gathered a few cute pics of my nieces and nephew and their children. These were all shots I liked for one reason or another but none warranted a full page or spread. So I grouped the pics, put the photos behind the new KaiserCraft Polaroid Frames, added a little cardstock, the polaroid transparencies, and the LYB "Five Favorite Memories" journaling pocket (I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! that you can change and personalize the banner - something I've done on my own with former LYB pockets but this looks so much more professional) As a final touch I added a couple film strip transparencies to the pocket and wrote my title inside the camera shape from the same transparency packet. (I still have plenty of the travel transparencies leftover from the packet for use on future layouts!) The camera theme is perfect when you want to group some favorite pics that don't otherwise share a theme. Stop in soon to get these papers and put together a layout using some of your own recent favorite pics or maybe even some old polaroids you have laying around. Either way, have fun with this fresh and easy layout! Gina A

No comments:

Post a Comment