Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Backyard Adventure with BoBunny

Hi all,
Gina P. here to finally post my DT Blog. Considering that I love all things summer/beach themed, I enjoyed using this new BoBunny line for this months DT. I scraplifted one of my layouts from one of my favorite magazines to create "My Girls". I used my Big Shot to cut out my spellbinders Labels 1 to make double layered tags for journaling and my title. But the real fun was creating the flowers and leaves. The flowers were easy and an old tecnique that I have always liked the look of. It's just different sized circles layered offset with a brad on top! Could not be easier or more fun with all the great patterns and colors in this paper line. (I literally could play around making these all day!) Here's the creative part, I hand cut short, fat leaves and then added texture by cutting into the leaves very closely at different lengths. (Much like a new pair of scissors that some craft icon may have come out with already!) I was pretty pleased with the look and felt it made my scraplifted layout different enough to call my own! BTW, the distressed white edges of the papers make for a fun and fresh look for summer, nice work BoBunny!
Photobucket

My second page was made using a template to cut out a big interstate sign out of different papers from the same BoBunny line. Here the creativity comes from the clouds "floating" around the page. Nothing new, just the back side of one of the pages cut out and popped up on the page, easy! Also, the top paper has a sunshine beaming on it, so when cutting out my sign I aimed for the sun to beam on my pics and positioned the clouds around the pics and sun to not cover them up. BTW, the clouds come in varying sizes perfect for journaling, date, and titles! Happy Scrapping!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment