Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What A Hoot!


Here is my first Design Team card for the month. As Tracy mentioned in a previous post, we were waiting for something new to come in to design with and the Imaginisce line does not disappoint. I must admit that while I love Fall colors and earth tones, creating with them does not come naturally to me and I always feel like I am out of my comfort zone. Going through my stamps, I realized that I do not have a ton of Fall themed images. This adorable Maya Road owl worked perfectly though. I mixed some patterns together and found a great layout sketch on the web and the card came together quickly. I like this layout so much that you may see it in a future class. Along with the owl and the Apple Cider papers I used the Tim Holtz Ornamental die (a must have!) to cut the Bo Bunny dotted paper, Hero Arts bling for the eyes, and ribbon of course. The owl and sentiment were done in Vintage Photo Distress ink.


Stay tuned to the blog and don't forget to see the samples in person when you are in the store!

Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment