Thursday, July 14, 2011

A couple of Design Team cards

Wow, how lucky are we to be able to play with My Mind's Eye Lime Twist for July! MME has always been one of my favorite paper companies because their papers are always so thick and sturdy and the patterns are always fun and pleasing. Lime Twist is just delicious! Full of great designs and fabulous colors.




My first card uses some Hero Arts stamps, ribbon and bling, and 2 of Lime Twist's patterns with mouthwatering colors. And while you can't tell from my photo, the little butterfly is popped with foam tape and covered in Rock Candy Distress Stickles. I am really digging the magenta and orange! This was a quick card, and as usual, you could change up the sentiment and the papers to suit whatever occassion you need a card for. Check out the fabulous ink color...that's Ranger's Adirondack ink in Wild Plum. It matches perfectly with the magenta stripes in the Lime Twist paper.



My second card uses the fabulous cloud paper from Lime Twist. I think this is my favorite pattern so far. These are just the best clouds! The stamps from my card are from the awesome stamp company My Favorite Things and the set is called Up, Up & Away. I am soooo happy we are carrying MFT in the store now! I colored my hot air balloons with Copics, cut them out and popped one of them for dimension. I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the grass and made 2 layers with it, popping the outer layer with foam tape, again to give dimension. When my card was all put together I used Stickles in Yellow over my yellow Copic areas to give some sparkle.

Be prepared to see more Lime Twist and MFT from me in the next couple of days, maybe even tonight :) And remember, visit our Design Team creations when you are shopping in the store so you can see for yourself all the little things that make good projects great.

I look forward to seeing you soon!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment