Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lime Twist Lickety-split!

Hi from Gina A!
I love the beautiful My Mind's Eye paper's from this month's Design Team challenge. Lime Twist has such beautiful colors, designs and embellishments! I've already used this line several times ... you may have seen my hot-air balloon layout of my daughter and her boyfriend with the title "he makes her heart SOAR!" already on display. As soon as I saw that paper I immediately came up with the design idea and I loved the result. I also used the talk-bubble paper for a get well card/book for my little nephew.

For my Design Team double layout I chose some photos of my daughter reading to her grandmother and matched the Happy Go Lucky
"Hello" Zig, "Perfect" Lines and "Together" Lines papers along with the "Perfect" Butterflies paper and a sheet of the matching stickers. The inspiration for the whole page was the sticker that says "Every moment with you is a gift"...so true as my daughter (age 21) spends time with my mother-in-law (age 90)! To those supplies I added some dotted cardstock with the scalloped edge and a set of stickers from the "school" section to tie in the reading theme.

Best part? This came together "lickety-split" .... from choosing the papers to hanging it on the wall was 45 minutes start to finish!! Lots of fun and results in no-time flat - I love that!!

If you are short on time and want to get some layouts done, think about doing some "scrap-lifting" to speed up the design time. Check out the display of my scrap-lifted pages in the "Spotlight on Scrapbooking" section of the store. (near the scrapbooks and page protectors). For each designed page I include the "scrap-lifted" original and tell you what I did... and remember: Scraplifting is totally legal! So bring your camera next time you're in the store and take some pictures of the many samples of scrapbook pages and cards we have on display. There's nothing better to get the old creative juices flowing so... GO "FOURTH" and Scraplift over the holiday!!!

Adolph July DT 2011
Have fun!
Gina A.

No comments:

Post a Comment