Friday, December 16, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Wow, only a week until Christmas!  Where has the time gone?  It seems as if November and most of December have just disappeared in a flash.  It hit me today that I had completely forgotten to post some of the Design Team cards I made using the fabulous Winter Twig from Little Yellow Bicycle.  This paper line is just terrific, from it's patterns and colors to it's slight texturing on the papers.

One of my cards I was happy with, the other did not turn out the way I had pictured it but I wanted to show it to you anyway.  We all have those projects that we are not quite thrilled with once completed, but don't dislike them enough to throw them away.  Believe me, I've had my share of throw-aways...if you could only see the trashcan under my desk right now. Can you guess which card I was not quite happy with?

My first card uses the front and back side of one piece of paper.  I added the sentiment (Hero Arts) in brown, edged the entire card with white Staz-On to give it a snowy look (ruined my pad...here's a tip...don't ink edges directly with the white Staz On ink pad...use a dauber), and finished it with a snowflake cut from wool-blend felt and a Spellbinders die and another snowflake cut from Best Creations glitter paper (gorgeous!) then a ribbon and some twine colored with a Copic marker to finish it off.  One of the great things about Copics is that you can custom color your embellishments to match your projects.


My second card uses the beautiful bird stamp from Hero Arts and wood grain paper from Winter Twig.  I turned the patterned paper so that it was running horizontally.  The stamp was heat embossed with Stampendous white embossing powder (my favorite white EP), then stamped the sentiment in Faded Jeans Distress ink and popped it up on a little flag.  Some bling finishes off the card.


If I don't see you before the holidays, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, and a Happy Everything that you may celebrate at this time of year! 

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment