Monday, June 8, 2009

Hi from Gina A

Hello all!
Finally had some time to scrap... loved working with these great supplies from My Little Shoe Box!

As many of you know from talking to me in the store or taking my 101 class, I scrapbook by theme vs. chronologically. However, each year there are those "one-of-a-kind, don't-fit-into-a-category" pics that I still like for some reason or other... ususally because they remind me of something fun or funny that happened during the year. I love capturing these memories in a little mini-book and that's what I decided to create with this month's Design Team challenge! (And no, it's not complete at this point ... I left half of the book for the rest of this year's special memories :-)

I mostly used the My Little Shoe Box "Enjoy Life" line but also supplemented with some paper from the "Who's There" line.

I love using coordinated papers from a particular manufacturer and line - all the hard work of matching is done for you! - but that doesn't limit me from using other papers from the same manufacturer and/or others, too! Always check around the store for great papers that can coordinate with your look. (A good example of this is the Gingerbread House book I created last Christmas using papers from two different lines ... check out the sample in the store - the papers go together beautifully!)

Back to my "Enjoy Life" book ... one trick I like to do when combining a lot of unrelated photos into one book is to carry over an embellishment from page to page for continuity. In this case, I found an adorable bird stamp in our $1 bin (have you checked those out yet?!?!?!? I LOVE A BARGAIN!!!!!) The stamp had some words which I didn't need for this project and so just cut them away (or you could mask them before inking) Now the little bird is pop-dotted from page to page throughout the book - so cute!

One final thing - I used quite a bit of cardstock so if you work with this line yourself, you might like to know that the following Bazzil colors match wonderfully: Parakeet, Coral, Red Hot, Mud Pie, Mocha, and Tapioca.

Have fun playing and scrapping, everyone!
Gina A.



No comments:

Post a Comment