Thursday, November 19, 2009

acrylic and eskimo kisses

Better late than never from Gina P. Sorry girls it took me so long to write, this is not my favorite part of the design team. I'm actually trying to get this done before I get a reminder from Cindy! With that said, let me talk about the good stuff: eskimo kisses. I have been wanting to make an acrylic album, but I didn't want to think too hard when hiding my adhesive. This album altenates clear and chipboard pages so it could not have been easier! I also decided to use the front and back acrylic pages as just clear covers of my next chipboard pages and add stamped images on them for added embelishment without having to add paper. This way they act as a clear overlay of the next pages, but are not totally plain. The stamps I used are actually part of the Basic Grey eskimo kisses line. When I saw them I knew I had to use them for the front and back covers. I also used several other embellishments from the BG line throughout the book to make it easy to pull it all together. I added some white gel pen, white rings, and white inking to complete the look, but I did go a little crazy with the stickles! I colored anything that wasn't already sparkling with some star dust Stickles (my fav) and Christmas red Sticles (on snowflake centers stamped on front and back). Here is one area I don't believe less is more, when it comes to Stickles, the more the merrier!




We have this album on display so you can take a closer look!

No comments:

Post a Comment