Monday, November 2, 2009

The versatility of Eskimo Kisses



Here are the first 2 cards I've made using our DT focus this month, Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses. The papers are so versatile. The cardinal card shows off the elegance of the line, and the tree card has a whimical feel to it.

The cardinal is a clear stamp from Inkadinkado, a winter birds set. I stamped it in Black Cherry Staz On, which is in my opinion, the best shade of red that you can get in an ink. I used a wide satin ribbon in red, and some tiny bling in pink to finish it off. Actually, I am so pleased with my cardinal card that I am going to use it as one of my designs for my Christmas cards this year.

The tree card is done with a Unity stamp, designed by our very own Lisa Hetrick. The Merry Christmas is a tiny $1 Hero Arts stamp. Some white satin ribbon and some clear bling finish off the card. The images were stamped in Memento ink, my go-to ink for just about anything (except that they don't make a perfect shade of red).

I've had a little preview of some of the other DT projects and I must say that they are outstanding! Come into the store and check out our DT wall, plus you can see the new counter and all the new product. Every week is like Christmas around the store with all the new stuff that comes in.

And on a final note, I am teaching a Flower Soft class this weekend. It is quickly filling up and as of this morning there were only 3 more spots left. If you have wanted to play with this product before investing in it, this is a great opportunity. Come join me!

Cindy






No comments:

Post a Comment