Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A New Paper Piecing Technique!

When Tracy and I were in Texas I was inspired by a layout and couldn't wait to try it myself. When I saw the colors and patterns of Basic Grey's Eskimo Kisses I knew just what I wanted to do! I began with the Powdered Sugar multi-stripe paper cutting it into strips. Each strip was then crumpled, curled, inked and adhered to a lightweight plain paper (an old paper from my stash) creating a dimensional, textured pattern. Then I pulled out my Curvy Cutter, flipped the paper over to the smooth backside, and cut a large circle. This became the focal point of my layout! I used part of the remaining scraps of the layered paper as a corner embellishment on the 2nd page of the layout. I added a few Take Note journaling cards to tell my story. Then I removed the center of two paper poinsettias and replaced them with the Stitched Brads, inked the flower edges and mounted them to the layout. When it came time to title the layout I wasn't in love with any of the alphabet sticker colors in my stash so I reached for an inkpad and changed the color to match my layout. (Yes, I learned a lot in Texas!) I look forward to seeing all of you in the store making selections for your creative masterpeices.

1 comment:

  1. Just curious, is this a teaser as to what is to come, or is the photo not showing up on my computer?!

    ReplyDelete