Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A couple of cards




Here are 2 cards I've made with our Design Team this month, Hippity Hoppity by We R Memory Keepers. What a fun line to play with!

The first card I made has lots of butterflies and bling. I keep telling everyone at the store that I am going to be known as "the butterfly lady". I love butterflies in all shapes, colors, and sizes and can't seem to get enough of them. Luckily, these butterflies were cut with a Spellbinders die, so I can make them any color or pattern that I want. I finished the card off with a sweet sentiment by Hero Arts. I adore their clear stamps. They are super high quality and stamp like rubber and I can see exactly where I am putting my image.

The card with the little bird serves a dual purpose. I am teaching it in a class on Saturday, Feb. 13th and it uses our Design Team paper. How great is that! This card will be amongst my class cards and will be on the DT display once the class is over. Again, I used Hero Arts clear stamps for both the bird and the word, plus some flowers and a Dew Drop (love those little guys!). In order to get my small flower to match my card I pulled out my Copics. Don't forget that Copic markers are wonderful for changing the color of your embellishments to match your projects. You can use them on flowers, ribbon, bling, etc. And because they are alcohol based they are permanent and dry super quick.

There are already some fabulous layouts and awesome cards on display on our DT shelf. Come check it out!

Cindy


1 comment:

  1. As always, Cindy, they're gorgeous! The butterflies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete