Monday, February 1, 2010

Hi from Gna A.!

Hello scrappers!
Hope everyone had a chance to scrap this weekend - I took advantage of the snowy day (my birthday!) and scrapped all day. One of my creations was this month's Design Team layout. Loved the line this month but have to admit I didn't have any Easter or Spring themed pics ready for scrapping to inspire me. But as soon as I saw the cute chipboard stickes with the "chick" tag I had my inspiration! For over ten years now I've met once a month with a group of friends to play cards. Ironically, at our January meeting I insisted everyone cram into a group shot and I had just developed that photo. Since we lovingly refer to ourselves as the "Canasta CHICKS" I suddenly knew just what to use these beautiful papers and embellishments for. A great reminder to myself to think outside the box -papers from a theme can always be used in different, creative ways! This layout went together really quickly using several of the papers including the round one (great for jouraling since it has lines in the design) and embellishing with the flower die-cut (and of course, the chick tag!) Then I added some more flowers (check out the Creative Cafe corner for great silk, paper and chipboard flowers) and made my title using leftover alpha stickers and ... "hippity - hop",it was done! Hope you enjoy it... remember, if the bunny and chick papers are out, spring can't be too far behind! Hop on over to the store soon and check out this line and all the other great stuff Tracy has in stock. You never know what goodies you'll find and how you'll use them! Have fun!
Gina A

No comments:

Post a Comment