Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September already?


How can it be September already? Time just seems to fly quicker and quicker. But with a new month comes a new line for the Design Team to play with. This month we are focusing on Echo Park's Happy Halloween line. First off, let me just remind everyone that I LOVE Halloween. It is my favorite of all the holidays to create for. I love monsters, bats, skeletons, jack-o-lanterns, candy, and all the other things that Halloween is associated with when it comes to creating. I love the colors - purples and oranges, greens and black. And the patterns for Echo Park's line are just terrific! There are bats, skulls, words...I could go on and on. Make sure you come into the store and see the full line plus see what we have made with it.

Here is my first card for the month. Truly I should be doing my homework, but I could not resist making a card this morning once the kids left for school. And have I ever mentioned that I am a bat fanatic? I love bats with their leathery wings and faces that only a mother could love. I would have a bat for a pet if I could. So of course my first card features a bat. I used one of the Echo Park papers, an awesome bat punch from EK Success, a clear stamp from Hero Arts, and a little bit of bling. I had a layout in mind when I went to make this card as I was inspired by a card in the holiday Hero Arts catalog, so the card took 10 minutes at the most to make. Love those!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment