Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fancy Pants Beach Bum

Maybe I need to "get a life" but I live for fabulous beach lines! Perhaps because I always long for days at the beach and scrapbooking those pictures is the best way to get a peice of that paradise. Fancy Pants Beach Bum collection (and Beach Babe!) fill that need for me. One of the easiest layouts to create begins with a transparency for me as most of the design work is already done. I put three matted photos beneath so the curlique waves would artistically overlap my pix. Then I put one small, matted photo on top of the transparency as it looks like my son's boogie board ride is exploding out of the wave. Are you intimidated by rubons? The easiest application ever is on a transparency. The rubon literally glides on with barely a "rub". The fish, the words-filled-circle over the sun, and the title all came from the rubons. I added Glossy Accents to the fish and sun to give them a slick finish. Page two began with cutting waves, layering them, and popping them up. The bottom wave is actually a chipboard border from Technique Tuesday that I inked to match. Using the Strips paper I cut out words and arrows, laid them on twine, and topped with Glossy Accents to create a rustic-looking beach sign.

Not surprisingly, this line is swimming out the door, so don't delay. Come in and get your little peice of summer!!! Lisa (a.k.a. Flat Lisa)
Cast May DT

No comments:

Post a Comment