Friday, February 17, 2012

Loving the MME!!

What a fabulous pick for Design Team for February...the new lines from My Mind's Eye!  All the paper is yummy and there are a ton of terrific embellishments to go with the lines.  I have 3 cards to share with you...

My first card uses 2 different MME papers and an awesome wood butterfly embellishment from MME.  The stamped quote is from My Favorite Things "Inspired By Butterflies" set.  To alter my wooden butterfly, I rubbed Distress Stain in Barn Door all over it (what an fantastic product!) and spritzed it with homemade pearl spray made from Perfect Pearls and water.  There is a lovely shimmer to it when you see it in person.  I made antennae with twine which I colored with a Copic and finished the butterfly off with some teal rhinestones.  It was a messy but oh so fun card.


I am not so sure it I like my next card, but wanted to share it with you all because I put a lot of work into it.  I used the paper piecing technique and embossed the beautiful Hero Arts poppies stamp onto a MME patterned paper.  I then cut the poppy flowers out and glued them over top of the image which I restamped and colored in the stems with a Copic marker.  The sentiment is from a new Hero Arts set.  This was a time consuming card because of all the cutting, but it was fun to play with a technique that I do not use that often.

My final card for tonight will eventually make its way to Florida because I made it with my mom in mind since red is her favorite color.  I used a piece of MME paper as my background then did a bunch of layering and stamped my Hero Arts image in Black Cherry Staz On ink (my favorite red ink).  Of all the cards I made, this was the easiest because it was simple stamping and layering.



Remember to stop by the Design Team wall when you are shopping to see all of our creations in person!

See you soon,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment