Monday, February 20, 2012

On the Bright Side

On the Bright side is another amazing collection from My Mind's Eye! Talk about fabulous color-washed wood plank papers! I chose the white wood paper and some fun faux-stitched denim papers to begin my layout for my son's baby book (the one I have been trying to re-do!). We spent a weekend in 1994 at Kent Manor Inn on the Chesapeake Bay. The On the Bright Side collection had exactly the playful nautical tone I was hoping to capture. The diecut sheet has the fun pennant peices all ready to play with. I "strung" mine along baker's twine to replicate nautical flags. The title "The Sweet Life", which I backed with good ole Magic Mesh (You know you have some in your stash somewhere! Dig it out and challenge yourself to use it again!) Several other of the MME diecut shapes were used as mats for my photos. The denim one with the bracket shape I fussy cut to create a frame around my favorite pix of my then 2 year old son hiding in the hotel's bathroom cabinet. Also used another oldie but goodie in the form of rub-on alphies. Gotta love mixing the old with the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment