Monday, May 7, 2012

Baby Sampler

A dear girlfriend of mine from high school recently became a grandmother - the first in our group.  I wanted to give her a special gift that would mark such a significant time in her life.  Of course, looking around Photo Scraps I immediately knew what I would do for the gift.  Using one of the hot Basic Grey Samplers, the beautiful new baby line from Bella Blvd., and pictures I copied from Facebook that my friend had posted of her precious grandson, I created what I hope will always be a treasured keepsake for her.  I cut the papers and one photo to 1.5" squares then matted a larger print for the corner of the sampler.  The part I enjoyed the most was pouring through my stash of buttons, brads, twine and dew drops for embellishments.  I threw a few flowers on the sampler too.  One came from my growing collection of flowers and the other I created by layering flowers I punched from the paper scraps. I have to say I was really proud of the gift and my girlfriend just loved it.  This is the second Basic Grey Sampler I have made and certainly won't be the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment