Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Design Challenges from Natl.Scrapbook Day

Hi from Gina A to all of you who joined me this past weekend for the 3-day Crop here at Photoscraps! We had a blast, didn't we?!?! So much creativity and so much laughter! (Not to mention so much good food!) The following pages are just three of the THIRTY-NINE 12 x 12 layouts I got done this weekend!!! (Nothing like some uninterrupted crop time to get caught up on all those projects that have been lying around:-) The three layouts pictured here were created as part of some of the "Design Challenges" we were given during the Crop to celebrate National Scrapbook Day. Everyone who participated told me they loved the challenges because they really got the creative juices flowing.... and it doesn't hurt that Tracy gave prizes to everyone who participated! Of the three shown here, the first challenge was to create a "fanciful frame" around a photo. When that challenge was announced I was working on a page from a car show my husband attended in Sweden. I created a really cool frame around one of the detail photos using a combination of stickers, brads and buttons. The next two Challenges I participated in were design sketches. The Happy Birthday layout went together so quickly following the sketch and using Pebbles papers from the "Hip Hip Hooray!" line and some Echo park "Birthday Girl" stickers... (by the way, I have enough scraps leftover to create some quick,cute and easy birthday cards next - gotta love that!) The final layout followed a challenge sketch and I used the new papers from Webster's Pages including the "Sunday Picnic" and "Everyday Poetry" lines and the cards from the "Joy Ride" paper. I created a border on the paper using a Martha Stewart heart-shaped border punch and embellished with doilies I sprayed with glimmer mist, two of the beautiful new "mini Princess Petals" flowers from Webster's Pages and a few pearls from my stash. I just love how this layout came together and how beautifully it highlights this lovely photo of my daughter, Caitlin, and my 91-year-old mother-in-law, Mickey!

No comments:

Post a Comment