Thursday, October 20, 2011

Gina A. FALLS in love with LYB!

Hi everyone!
I was so excited to see Little Yellow Bicycle's new fall line, "Hello FALL!".

I immediately loved the "Autumn Tree" paper and thought it would be perfect for some pics from my day at Baugher's this past weekend. I had SOOOOO much fun embellishing the tree! First I used some of the die-cut leaves from the line's accompanying embellishment pack, pop-dotting them over the printed leaves on the paper. Then I added some buttons. Then, because I haven't "blinged"... um "blung?"... (LOL!) lately, I added some sparkle to the leaves... I just LOVE how it turned out!

The title "one Fall day" came from a stash of old orange letter stickers paired with the F-A-L-L letters in the embellishment pack (with a little more "bling" added!). (If you look closely you'll see I didn't have any "a's" or "d's" left among my orange letters so two "p's" (one with the stem cut off) fill the need.

In placing the photos I slit a couple of leaves on the tree with an exacto knife so I could slide the photo under. On the accompanying page I used some wallet-size pics to "set the scene". I use wallet-size photos often when I want to include more details or show sequence in a layout. I like matting them together as I did here, but remember to leave a little white space or matting around the photos so your eye can rest from all the busyness.

(Oh, by the way, if you visit Baugher's this season and would like to share my leftover wallet-size photos, next time you're in the store just ask! I have some on the shelf behind the front desk - my gift to you!)

If you're a paper-crafter who only dabbles in scrapbooking preferring cardmaking, etc., consider taking my 101 class to learn how you can make the leap into page design or the 102 class to take your scrapbooking to the next level and learn to use embellishments more!

Can't tell you how pleased I was when I brought this layout into the store and Lisa C. RAVED!! As I tell my 101 students, you should create for your own pleasure and to your own taste... but doesn't it feel good when someone else loves your work as much as you do???? :-)

Hope you all FALL in love with LYB's line this month!
Have fun!
Gina A.

No comments:

Post a Comment