Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pretty little poinsettia

This is a super quick card I made last week using LYB's Christmas line and a new Spellbinders die called Layered Poinsettia.  The LYB paper is just fantastic and the die is to die for!  No pun intended :)  This is one of those rare cards of mine that has no stamping, but I don't think stamping was even needed.  My poinsettia uses all but one of the available die petals and the leaf petal.  I gently curled my petals around a pencil to give them a dimensional look, and instead of die cutting my flower center, I used gold pearls. 

Please call the store ASAP to special order the die if you want it.  It is so popular this holiday season that it keeps walking out the door with a happy customer has soon as it comes in.  Like all other Spellbinders dies, you can cut out the shapes then go back in and emboss for extra detail. 

Remember to to look at the projects in person while you are shopping!

See you soon,
Cindy

The card:

The die set by Spellbinders:

No comments:

Post a Comment