Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October and LYB

October is always one of my favorite months of the year even though my allergies will totally disagree with me. Is anyone else out there as miserable with allergies as I am?? Enough about allergies and onto the Design Team's pick for October, Little Yellow Bicycle (LYB).


This month we are focusing on 2 lines from LYB, their Christmas line called Wonder Wishes and their Autumn line called Hello, Fall. First, I must say that I adore LYB. Their papers are strong and sturdy, their patterns playful, and their colors always appeal to me. I picked a little paper from both lines and am sharing with you 2 cards I've made from the Christmas line.
My first card uses the front and back sides of one piece of paper. I already threw away the strip that had the name on it (sorry!) but it has the poinsettia pattern on one side and the words to "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" on the flip side. I probably say this every month and in every single one of my classes, but I love words! I love the look of writing in every font imaginable and can never get enough of paper (or stamps for that matter) with words on it. For this card I used a sketch with lots of layers to give it depth and then added a simple sentiment by Hero Arts. This lovely Christmas stamp is from HA's newest release . The set is called "Very Merry Christmas" #CL543 and is a must for any stamper's holiday collection. It is a clear set with a bunch of Christmas sayings on it and while I have only had mine for a couple of months, I have already used it a ton of times. This sentiment is actually one of the long horizontal ones on the set. I cut so that I could make it stacked. Don't be afraid to cut your clear stamps! I stamped the sentiment in Black Cherry Staz On, my all-time favorite red ink. I added 1/2 of a die cut (Tim Holtz Ornamental die, a favorite of mine!), some pearls and some ribbon. I love love love the layout of this card and will probably be using it in an upcoming class.
My second card uses patterns from 2 different sheets of paper from LYB, but I loved how they matched up so well together. Because of the busy pattern on my die cut (Tim's Ornamental die again) I wanted something more simple for my background. My sentiment is from...you guessed it...the same Hero Arts set I used on my first card and is stamped in the same Staz On ink. The poinsettia is from Prima and the bling in the center of the flower is metallic decor from Hero Arts.

Does the layout of my 2nd card look familiar? I used it quite a few months ago for a Demo Day card. I always preach how you can use the same sketch over and over again for any occasion by changing up the paper and the stamps. This card is a great example of what I always talk about. And with having a sketch to follow, it made creating my card quick and easy.
Remember to check out all the great projects and pick up some of the Design Team's monthly pick the next time you are in the store.
I look forward to seeing you soon!
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Nice cards Cindy. I too love when I can reuse something whether it's a layout, scraps, or anything else. Terrific Job!!!

    ReplyDelete