Sunday, February 2, 2014

Looks Like the Making of a Demo Day Card

It is February 2, and time to begin preparations for February Demo Day!  I took some time off from cardmaking and so I'm now looking forward to getting back into Demo Day mode.  I've been playing  with Spellbinder dies (no surprise there), and found some pretty floral papers (my favorite):  one in violets/purples and the other with a very shabby feel to it with distressed roses in a pretty pink.

I recently purchased a Stampendous House Mouse stamp and was determined to somehow work him into the mix.  I chose to color the mouse in grays and with so many petals scattered throughout the stamped image, it was the perfect opportunity to pull in the purples/violets.  Who says you can't mix mice and flowers? lol  So maybe this is the beginning of card no. 1.

Card no. 2 is definitely heading towards more of a shabby feel.  My plan is to use mostly white cardstock and the distressed pink roses paper from the Kaisercraft "Key to My Heart" collection.

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment