Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hello Everyone!!

Hi guys!
Yes, there are really three Lisa's that work at Photo Scraps--it gets a bit confusing at times! Allow me to introduce myself....I am Lisa H., aka: the tall (and... insert your own adjective here) Lisa and have been with the store since its beginning. Eight years already!! I couldn't be more thrilled with the direction our store is going and am so proud to be a part of our fabulous staff!! We have so much fun at work, and working with such amazing co-workers makes me one happy girl!!

I started scrapbooking almost 13 years ago when my son was born. I received a scrapbook as a gift, put it in a drawer and promptly forgot about it. Well, we were living in Alaska at the time and as you can imagine, there is a lot of time spent indoors because of the weather. I was a quilter at that time and was not interested in another hobby. But, seeing that I had time to kill.....I got the scrapbook and goodies out of the drawer and low and behold, was instantly hooked!! I found so many similarities between quilting and scrapping--color choices, layout, balance, theme, etc. I have never looked back. I haven't quilted in years and now count scrapping as my most favorite hobby, with a little rubber stamping on the side. I count on decorative papers, brads, ribbons and chipboard to inspire and find myself drifting toward "happy" papers. Looking forward to the most happy new Doodlebug lines that are coming soon to our store.

I honestly feel that my motivation for scrapping is that it makes the memory permanent. Once the layout is on paper, you can pick up the album and relieve that memory over and over. I have such a blessed life and looking through my albums helps me remember how lucky I am. Well, more from me later. Come see us at the store soon and we will try to inspire you, and most likely make you smile also!!

Enjoy my layout with this most happy Lime Rickey paper. I felt inspired by the circles and birdies papers and remembered some pictures of my kids at the water slide I was trying to scrap. These papers were perfect for this! I am loving the Dew Drops, using them around the circle picture of Jake!! Glad to be a part of our Design Team. Lisa H.

No comments:

Post a Comment