Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lisa Castaneda (the blonde)

Hi! I am Lisa Castaneda (aka the blonde one)and I have been working at the scrapbook store for 5 1/2 years. For the last 2 1/2 years I have been honored to hold the position as store manager. The best part of my job, besides the obvious, the friendly and inspiring customers, is helping to do the buying for the store! Nothing is better than spending Tracy's money! If you have been in the store during the day shift when the boxes arrive, you have heard our excited squeals as we unpack the papers and embellishments that feed the addiction we all share. This is without a doubt the best "job" I have ever had. I cannot believe I get paid to play with my hobby! In my other life, before motherhood, I was a regional account coordinator for Elizabeth Arden cosmetics. I had all of the Macy's stores in MD, VA, and DE and spent a lot of time in headquarters in NY. I gave up the big career to dedicate myself to my family. George and I have been very happily married for almost 19 years. George, Jr., 16, is a junior at Century. Kristin, 14, will begin at CHS in the fall. Taylor, my 10-year old baby, will begin middle school also in the fall. They keep me hopping with year round sports;including travel baseball and dance teams! I seem to lack the ability to successfully use the word "no". Like all moms, I have worn many hats over the years: room mother (16 times), team mom for soccer, softball and dance, PTA officer and committee chairs, fundraising chair at SMS and SRCS dance as well as holding crops for ALS in memory of my mother. Yes, sometimes life is a little too busy but it keeps life interesting. My love for scrapbooking began 11 years ago after attending an at-home party (like most of us). My first purchase was a corner rounder and an 8.5 x 11" album to preserve the memories of our Disney vacation. The first book provides great chuckles now when looking back at my novice attempts at scrapbooking. I cherish that book perhaps most of all because it shows what a long way the industry and my personal style has come. Whether throwing together quick & simple layouts or creating hours-long masterpieces, I love scrapbooking and all it has added to my life. Without it I would not have this creative & therapeutic outlet. Nor would I have this wonderful job that brings me such fulfillment and joy. Nor would I have the bookcases full of carefully preserved memories of my children's lives. Most importantly, my life would not be blessed with many of my friends without scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment