Friday, February 25, 2011

Hello from Gina A.!

Hello all! Just loved this month's Design Team paper choices. I am NOT a winter person so I'm very happy to have some spring colors to work with! Ironically, I had used the beautiful Jubilee paper to create favors for my mother-in-law's recent 90th birthday celebration, so I was thrilled to be able to select that design and coordinating papers to create these layouts about her party. I added some flowers from our Creative Cafe bin and the new "leaf" stick pins from Little Yellow Bicycle. I "blinged" them with some gift-wrap shredded celephane and I LOVE how they turned out- it brings out the glitter in the paper and compliments the sparklers we lit on my mother-in-law's cake!

I always tell my 101 students that it's OK to scraplift, and these pages are a perfect example of my own scraplifting techniques! Check out the layout called "family" by Anabele O'Malley on page 37 of the May 2010 Scrapbook Trends magazine and you'll see where I got my inspiraion for this page. Then check out the selection of scrapbook magazines and books we have a Photoscraps - all good sources of scrapping ideas!

Happy scrapping - and/or scraplifting! - everyone!
Gina A.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment