Sunday, September 11, 2011

Flopsey and Christmas

I have been having a blast creating with the fun and fabulous Jillibean Soup lines this month! If you don't have any of this paper yet, snag it before it disappears from the store. The patterns are playful, colorful, and inspiring.

For all 3 of my cards shown here, I used just one sheet of paper from the Christmas Eve Chowder line. I love anything with words on it, so the side with the words to "Deck The Halls" was a no-brainer.

My first card uses both sides of the paper in squares to provide a background on my card. I love the general layout of this card and can think of a ton of different ways to change it up for other occasions. I used one of my favorite Christmas stamps (sorry, it's no longer made by the manufacturer) plus a little bling and some ribbon.


My 2nd card features the absolutely adorable Flopsey as an ice skater. I colored her up with my Copics and even though you can't see it in the picture, I added some Stickles to the ice she is skating on so that it sparkles. The snowflakes were cut with Martha Stewart punches and the white background was embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.

For my final card, I used my favorite EK Success border punch and some ribbon to create a quick and easy Christmas card. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and yes, there is a little Kaiser pearl for the dot of the "i" in the word Christmas.

I still have a little bit of this patterned paper left. Hmmm, I wonder what else I can come up with.

On a side note, I will not be around for Demo Day this weekend. I will miss seeing all of you this month! I will be back for Demo Day in October and will be teaching a card class on October 1st which is also World Card Making Day. Stay tuned for details...

Take care,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment