Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Be Calm and Craft On!!

Yes, I have gone mad......mad for flowers! CHA has inspired me beyond belief. I saw something similar to this project while we were out in California and I just had to recreate it. I really am so proud of this project; I hope to hang it in my scrap room someday but I wanted to share it with all of you first! I used all scraps and the new cordless glue gun, a crafter's best friend! It starts with a 12x12 base and uses smaller and smaller circles to build the layers. I wrinkled and inked with Chestnur Roan everything before gluing it down (tip: if you mist the paper lightly with water, it wrinkles and crinkles so much easier--try it, you'll be amazed!). The "fan" flower is made with a 3inch by 12inch strip that was scored every 1/4 inch, then glued down to a 3inch circle as a base using the glue gun. The circular rosettes on either side of that was made with a circle scrap that was free-hand cut into a spiral and glues tightly with the glue gun again. It really is easy, I would be glad to show you how next time you are in the store. Craft On! Lisa H., AKA: Tall Lisa
Photobucket

1 comment: