Thursday, March 17, 2011

SEI Couture And White Elegance

March's Design Team challenge really brought me out of my comfort zone. I used several things on this creation that I have never before used: a.) Perfect Pearls b.) BUTTERFLIES c.) Stick Pins d.) Rhinestone STRIPS! I was so jazzed to play with new things! It really got my creative juices flowing.
The sublte purple hues and delicate patterns of SEI 's new collections were the perfect complement to my daughter Kristin's purple Homecoming dress. The new Bo Bunny Double Dot Grape Flourish cardstock was the ideal choice for the "solid". For the journaling block I used Spellbinders Labels 8 then printed my words on vellum. Embellishing was the most fun in this creation! (I think I always say that!!) First, I used SEI Butterflies and painted them with purple Perfect Pearls then layered them and added some trim from my stash. For the largest butterfly I slid a gorgeous Stick Pin from Maya Road into the body. Other accents were Kaisercraft's Rhinestone Strips (yes, they really come off in one long, continuous strip!) and gorgeous flowers and branches from Petaloo. It felt so fulfilling to create a layout so special for a night that was so special to my daughter.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment