Thursday, March 17, 2011

Not just for Weddings...

The new Sei line called Coture is not just for weddings and formal affairs, in fact it can show off any pictures you want to spot light! The soft blue and green of this floral background, along with the grey and mint coordinating solids, went well with these old baby pictures. I started with cutting and distressing some different size circles and adding punched flowers and borders to my design. the real fun was adding SEI's glimmering white butterflies that I inked in sea breeze and oasis green chalk inks. I also inked a felt flower from Pebbles,Inc. that came in a pack of white and off white. I left some embelishments white, like LYB's doillies and Mellissa Francis's vintage frames. I added coordinating pearls from Basic Grey on any space I could, including flowers and butterflies. And if that wasn't enough stuff on one page, I also added some Maya Roads ribbons and American Crafts thickers to finish it off. I spent way too long and added way too much product than I normally would have for one page of old pictures, but ever now and then I feel like playing with all the goodies I buy at our store! (I just never thought I could get away with putting them all on one page! But I'm happy with the finished product, so why not?) So why not spend some time at your craft area playing with all your goodies and create something beautiful! I can't wait to play again! Gina P.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment