Thursday, September 10, 2009

Embrace your mistakes!


There are no mistakes in stamping. It is just a chance for embellishment. Have you ever heard that? Well, this card has lots of mistakes on it, but you can't tell when you look at it because it looks like it was supposed to be that way. Do you want me to confess what they are? Hmmm, where should I start...


First, my Swiss Dots embossed piece was layed down so that the "debossed" side faces up. And yes, it still looks good, but it is not what I had been going for. I glued the paper down without even looking at the pattern and then realized it was on the wrong side. Second, I have my die cut piece (the AWESOME Labels 8 by Spellbinders) laying the wrong way. I wanted it so that the points of the frame were facing up. I will get it right the next time. Like I said, it still looks good and it looks like it was meant to be that way. This is just a little encouragement for those out there who think they make mistakes and have to trash the whole project. I say embrace them instead!


I used 2 different pieces od Delilah for this card, added some bling and ribbon and a couple of stamp and Copic markers and voila, it turned out good even though it was not what I envisioned.




Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment