Wednesday, April 27, 2011

6 x 6 Mini Chip Board Album - design team

Woohoo, I am on a roll now! Second blog posting ever!! I have to say I had sooooo much fun making this mini album. I really had a hard time choosing the card stock, I wanted to use it all! I ended up using Hometown Summer - Heat Wave, Green Acres and Summer Fun and Cosmo Cricket Coral Bloom. For embellishments I used Lovely Bits Butterflies and Doilies, my Cricuit Machine (for the words, baskets, tag mats and the interactive tag that can hold lots more pictures) lots of paper flowers and, the flower border punch, its a Martha... I just loved the bright bold colors. I am always looking to be able to put the most pictures in a small space... At least one pocket is a must for me in a mini album and I did manage one early in the album. I filled the pocket with tags cut large enough for pictures and room to journal on the back. Loved the green paper and thought it a perfect backdrop for flowers, lots of them! I cut out the baskets on the Cricuit machine, a little ink and gel pen and they were ready to be filled with flowers embellished with pearl bling! Family fun which was the theme for this album. I cut out tags, scored them at the top so they would bend and made a little album with in the album! Quite a feat when you are only starting with a 6x6 to begin with. If you had a chance to view this in the store, you got to see the silly side of the Dinsmore's as we barely survived our encounter with the plastic alligator ... Lots of smiles on the next page and I went whimsical with the letter placement. Straight lines don't work well for me... I love to cut out patterns from card stock to use for embellishments, and the watermelons punch perfectly! To keep the watermelons from getting crushed - I also punched a piece of chip board (or was it a cereal box?) and then attached the punched out watermelon to it. I did the same thing for the front cover.

I saw lots of people taking pictures, of the album. If you recreate this album it I would love to see it. I am always in awe when someone takes my basic design and makes it their own. Keep creating! Tina
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment