Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Times with Gina A.

I've heard from some scrappers in my 101 and journaling classes that they love our design team pages and samples in the store BUT they need/want to include more pics on their own layouts. So I set myself a goal with this month's pages to see just how many photos I could include on a two-page spread, and.... drum roll, please! .... believe it or not there are 19 pictures on my layout this month! You'll see that I was able to accomplish this by including many wallet-size photos, mixed with a couple 4 x 6's with some cropping as needed. Don't forget that you can mix and match photo sizes within one layout. Yes, wallet size may be too small for some of your photos but when you want to capture the "feel" of the event, smaller pictures of surroundings that set the stage for your theme (like the table setting, candle display, cake, etc. on my layout) may work just fine. And when you have a series of photos that show a sequence of events (my attempt at drinking an "Irish car bomb"!) I find that smaller photos stacked as I've done here help to show the "movement". I've used this same idea on at least four other layouts I can think of off the top of my head and I've always loved the results. Most importantly, in just two pages I've been able to capture the sights of the night AND include a place for journaling about our fun evening with friends! When including so many photos I like to keep the page fairly simple so another benefit is that I was able to stretch one piece of pattern paper pretty far. Embellishing with matching chipboard stickers and letters was all I really needed. Don't forget to "think outside the box". The title "good times" came with a second "o" in the word "good" using the same color scheme as the rest of the letters. But I wanted to introduce the red color to that part of the layout so I trimmed one of the chipboard flower stickers to create my own striped "o". A fun night and a fun layout to remember it! Happy scrappin' everyone! Gina A.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment