Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Design Team cards

Here are 2 cards I made today using April's Design Team papers by Pink Paislee and Cosmo Cricket. Great papers with fun patterns this month from both companies!

My ladybug card uses an older stamp by Great Impressions. I colored the ladybug with Copic markers, then added Enamel Accents by Ranger on the spots and Glossy Accents by Ranger on the head of the flower. I colored over the ladybug's eyes and mouth with a black Spica marker to give it a little shine, and used 2 sizes of Spellbinder's Deckled Rectangles on the card as well. A little ribbon and a tiny tag completes the card.


My star card is very simple and very quick to make. This would be a great birthday card for a child. I love the tiny stars on the paper and die cut the larger stars with a Sizzix die to use as my main image. No stamping on this card at all, but you could certainly add a sentiment to the inside. I wrapped some of the delicious Baker's Twine around the star and popped it up with foam tape.

 Don't forget to check out the Design Team projects in person when you come for Demo Day this Saturday!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment