Sunday, April 17, 2011

Creating with Cosmo

This months DT we chose from the new Cosmo Cricket lines, but I already picked up the line called UPcycle as soon as it hit Photo Scraps the month before. I knew this line would be perfect to show off pictures of my girls shopping with me and my sister! It's got that hip, retro vintage feel, and the colors are vibrant pink, blue, yellow, and green. I played with everything in the line, including the cardstock stickers, chip board stickers, gems, and 6x6 paper pad. I also picked up some of the 12x12 cut up sheets to use as tags to journal on. But I need to mention my inspiration, a 5x8 Banner from Pink Paislee that I made into a mini book! It comes with 10 "pages" and a fun bracket shape that I love. So all these goodies were just waiting for me to play with them, and Design Team gave me the excuse to do so. While my pictures were printing at Photo Scraps, I gathered a couple more goodies I thought I might "need." I got some teal square tiles from Harmonie, something new we had just got in, to decorate around the cover of my book and accent the bracket shape. I also picked up some new spica pens, the other reason I came in was to replace some that were used up, in pink, green, yellow, and turquoise. I drew "stitches" around each page in different colors, also to accent the bracket shape of my book. Armed with my pictures, I sat down with a large bottle of Glossy Accents and got busy with my supplies. Using a little bit of all my products, I was able to whip this up in one morning. The coordinating pad, with the smaller prints of this line, made an easy complement to my pictures. Some things I inked in pink or turquoise chalk ink to make them pop, but the easiest embellishment was using Glossy Accents on everything from words, to stickers, to chipboard and paper - I love this stuff! I let it dry for a couple hours before I took it in to the store to show off my creation. I must credit two people for this projects inspiration, Lisa C. showed me how to print pictures off of facebook while I was shopping at Photo Scraps, and Lisa Hetrick told me the many benefits of a 6x6 paper pad (basically, you get the entire paper line in a smaller print so it takes up less space in your craft room, cost less, but you still get the whole coordinating line!). So thanks ladies for your wisdom, I could not have created without you! And yes Lisa C, I will think of you every time I get pictures from facebook!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment