Friday, April 15, 2011

"FAMILY" Frame

When these frames from TPC (the Paper Company) arrived at the store, I immediately thought of doing an altered frame for my home. I am tickled pink with how it turned out. These frames come in several different sizes and are white to begin with so they accept paper or inking/paint beautifully. I chose to cover mine with paper from American Crafts and made lots of handmade flowers to add also. All the flower techniques are easy to do, just takes a bit of time and patience. I used a clear stamp set from JilliBean to add to my flower layers. I bit of satin ribbon and a stickpin on the left adds interest and a chipboard banner made from Maya Road chip pieces was added on the top left--I strung it with our new Baker's Twine in green...love it!! The centers of my flowers are the new Hero Arts Hues--I used the pearl, green and blue. The phrase at the botton is a Kaiser Family rub-on...Kaiser's rub-ons are so easy to work with!!I handcut leaves out of the green scraps, scrunched them a bit (after misting them with water to make them easier to bend) then inked everything in Chestnut Roan ink and a sponge dauber. This project will be offered as a class this spring....look for the date soon! Hope you like it....try a frame project for your home, or for a gift. It is easy and FUN!! Lisa H.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment