Monday, April 11, 2011

Makin a Splash with Cosmo Cricket

I have finally begun the daunting task of remaking my 18-year old son's baby album. I thought I was all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips back in the day because I was always current putting his baby pix in the baby book. Problem? It was a magnetic album! Now I realize to preserve the precious photos I need to re-do the book. What better line to start with than Cosmos Cricket's Hometown Summer?! The retro colors and flair inspired me for photos of George (then 8 months old) playing in the baby pool. (I am not sure what is more embarrassing for me. Being photographed in a bathing suit in the baby pool or my 1990's hairdo!!!!)

The first page of the layout was a direct result of scraplifting a layout I had seen at CHA by Cosmo's design team. I always love to cut designs out of printed paper and recreate them on a layout, as I did here with the splashes. The blue splashes were from the chipboard embellishment pack as were the fish and "SPLASH". Page two was my own creation. I was really pleased how the border turned out. I punched holes inside the life preservers then loosely threaded baker's twine (a must in any paper crafter's collection now!) through them. Adding some journaling, sea life embellies in three's, and lots of Glossy Accents and the layout was complete. Now for the next 1,000 baby pix . . .
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment