Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Necessity is the mother of invention!"


I think I have that quote correct....but how true it is! I had to laugh as I was finishing this layout of my daughter's softball All-Star game and realized that the red star paper that I had so carefully picked out had the phrase "100% boy" inside a lot of the stars!! oops! That clearly will not work for this particular page. So, counting on my paper crafting skills and remembering that decorative paper offers the very best matching embellishments for itself, I decided to painstakingly cut out blue stars to cover all those stars that had the boy phrase in it. Worked like a charm. Had I not confessed this, you would have forever thought those stars were purposely there. Raising them on pop-dots further showcased them. Sometimes mistakes are opportunities for hidden creativity. Otherwise, this layout is very easy to duplicate. Just some cardstock, polka-dot ribbon and fab fuzzy letters from Doodlebug (my very favorite company). I also love the Journal Tablets by Little Yellow Bicycle (they come in many themes like family, birthday, everyday, etc.) and you'll see that I use one of them on most of my layouts. Hope your weekend is a great one! Lisa H.

No comments:

Post a Comment