Friday, January 8, 2010

"Old" Friends + Sugar Rush

Hello from Lisa C!

How many times in life have we run into someone and said we should really get together? Too many times with too few attempts at actual follow-through! At my 25th high school reunion in October 2008 my “old clique” said that very thing, BUT we have stayed true to our promise by getting together about once a month. God works in mysterious ways. Shortly after my friends and I reconnected, we would need each other to lean on with one of my girlfriends losing a parent and another battling breast cancer.

The new Sugar Rush line from Basic Grey boasts all the soft, feminine colors and designs perfect for this special photo of my dear “old” friends at one of our outings. The Laser-cut Doily in Confectionery/Grey was the inspiration for this layout. I hand cut the outline of this lacy paper to frame the page carefully leaving some of the flowers for each corner topped on Big Cherry paper for my base. Extra pieces of the doily were cut and pop-dotted on to my border. I cut strips from Fireball and Nerds multi-stripe papers then used my Dotted Wave Slim Edger punch from EK. Next I covered a chipboard heart from Technique Tuesday with a scrap of Sugar Rush. Add a few Bloomers, Buttons, and pieces from the Writer’s Block Journal Set and I was finished!! Basic Grey helped to capture all the feelings of warmth and happiness that I wished to convey from this meaningful picture. Thanks Basic Grey!

No comments:

Post a Comment